What's your Love Language?

Love is such a beautiful chaos.


We all have such different ways of expressing our love to different people. Proper expression is just as important, if not more important, than the sentiment behind it (and this applies for so many things in our life).

Perhaps some of you have heard of Gary Chapman's book and concept "The 5 Love Languages" before?

It is essentially five ways people experience and express love:

1. Words of Affirmation
2. Physical Touch
3. Acts of Service
4. Gift Giving
5. Quality Time

I love figuring out, or properly finding out, what kind of love language my family and friends are, so that no love gets lost in translation. The books says we should focus on using the love language that your loved one will receive best, as opposed to the one we like the most.

Learning to love people the way people need, want, appreciate, recognise and actually register is such a good lesson in life.

I could talk about this more, but I so encourage you to take the quiz for yourself, it takes anywhere between 5-10 minutes and gives you such great understanding!

Click here!


At the end of the quiz they email you your profile, for example, mine is below!

"The 5 Love Languages® profile will give you a thorough analysis of your emotional communication preference. It will single out your primary love language, what it means, and how you can use it to connect and deepen your relationships with others.

The highest score indicates your primary love language. It’s common to have two high scores (the highest score being 12), although one language tends to have a slight edge for most people. The lower scores in your profile indicate those languages you seldom use to communicate love and which probably don’t affect you on an emotional level in your relationship.

9
Words of Affirmation
8
Quality Time
6
Acts of Service
5
Physical Touch
2
Receiving Gifts

Words of Affirmation
Actions don't always speak louder than words. If this is your love language, unsolicited compliments mean the world to you. Hearing the words, "I love you," are important – hearing the reasons behind that love sends your spirits skyward. Insults can leave you shattered and are not easily forgotten. Kind, encouraging, and positive words are truly life-giving.

Quality Time
In the vernacular of Quality Time, nothing says, "I love you," like full, undivided attention. Being there for this type of person is critical, but really being there – with the TV off, fork and knife down, and all chores and tasks on standby – makes your significant other feel truly special and loved. Distractions, postponed dates, or the failure to listen can be especially hurtful. Quality Time also means sharing quality conversation and quality activities.

Acts of Service
Can vacuuming the floors really be an expression of love? Absolutely! Anything you do to ease the burden of responsibilities weighing on an "Acts of Service" person will speak volumes. The words he or she most want to hear: "Let me do that for you." Laziness, broken commitments, and making more work for them tell speakers of this language their feelings don't matter. Finding ways to serve speaks volumes to the recipient of these acts.

Physical Touch
This language isn't all about the bedroom. A person whose primary language is Physical Touch is, not surprisingly, very touchy. Hugs, pats on the back, holding hands, and thoughtful touches on the arm, shoulder, or face – they can all be ways to show excitement, concern, care, and love. Physical presence and accessibility are crucial, while neglect or abuse can be unforgivable and destructive. Physical touch fosters a sense of security and belonging in any relationship.

Receiving Gifts
Don't mistake this love language for materialism; the receiver of gifts thrives on the love, thoughtfulness, and effort behind the gift. If you speak this language, the perfect gift or gesture shows that you are known, you are cared for, and you are prized above whatever was sacrificed to bring the gift to you. A missed birthday, anniversary, or a hasty, thoughtless gift would be disastrous – so would the absence of everyday gestures. Gifts are visual representations of love and are treasured greatly."

As you can see, Words of Affirmation and Quality Time are my most prioritised languages!

Let me know if you have heard of this before, take the quiz or what your love languages are in the comments below! And if you feel like, pass this onto your loved ones, I know I have and it really helps you understand each other better!

Have a lovely week ahead everyone!

New blog post will be up next Tuesday!!! 

Until then, you can: Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Or follow me below at - 
They're all linked so you should just be able to click on them! :)

Have a great rest of the week!

❤️Raashi




Share

46 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the love languages! I'm so glad you did a post on this since I'd sort of forgotten about it. It definitely helps knowing what makes other people feel loved. I made my boyfriend take this quiz forever ago and he thought it was silly until it worked! haha I'm definitely words of affirmation, too.


    Ally
    Hustle & Whoa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ally! It most definitely works, it's just something good to be aware of. Haha, I've become sooo words of affirmation recently!

      Delete
  2. I read this book a while ago and found it so fascinating! I think I was quality time, but I wanna take it again to see!

    xo Jen
    Skirt The Rules

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really interesting! Ooh, do take it again! I have found that during different times and circumstances in my life there are little changes to my love languages :)

      Delete
  3. I loved doing the survey. I am physical touch, which is what I would have expected. I have always been a toucher, lol! Have a great week! ♡♡

    xoxoBella | http://xoxobella.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww yay, I'm glad you enjoyed it Bella! It's such a interesting thing to do and read about, haha, that's so cute! Hugs are one of my favourite things in the world! :)

      Delete
  4. Wow, Lovely post!!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really interesting idea, I've never really thought about Love as five different languages before but I actually think it works when you sit and think about it for a while. Will definitely give the quiz ago when I'm not being sneaky at work!

    As always Raashi, a really different, great post!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither had I Emily, it's quite interesting to break down such a MASSIVE word into five different categories - but it does make a lot of sense! Hehe, yes, give it a go, it gives you a understanding of how you work as well :)

      Thank you so much, Emily, you're so sweet! :)

      Delete
  6. I really love that first quote - it is so sad but also so true - I have experienced this first hand. Will have to look into this quiz as well.

    Rae of Love from Berlin
    Bloglovin' // instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That first quote is really so accurate, it's a shame when love gets lost in translation, that's why I really loved the concept of Love Languages when I discovered it.

      Thank you for giving this a read, Rae! :)

      Delete
  7. I love this post! I agree it's important to be aware of the receiver's preferences rather than our own for acts of love. I myself prefer words of affirmation and quality time over anything else! What a well written and thought provoking article <3

    www.SHVETA.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shveta, that means a lot because I am obsessed with your blog and instagram now! Haha. Isn't it such a lovely thought that in relationships people would work to be aware of what the other prefers, and in turn both people would feel so loved! :)

      Delete
  8. This is so interesting! I listen to Stassi Schroeder's podcast and she spoke about this a few weeks ago! Great post! x
    http://christbelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I think of it, I guess 1, 3 & 4 are very meee... :) And now I'll be alert as to who does what from this list and understand their Love language :)

    Style.. A Pastiche - Fall Colours & Acro Yoga

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so cool to reflect on yourself and see what's important to you! And then in turn, figure out what's important to those around you :) Thanks for giving this a read!

      Delete
  10. Thanks for sharing, that helped me break up my boring work day (stuck in the office atm)! Apparently I'm all about Physical Touch and Receiving Gifts, lol! That was a fun little quiz, although in all honesty, for me the main 'love language' is the fact that me and my boyfriend have been together for seven years and we're stronger/closer than ever. :) Little gestures and words are nice, but they can't build a foundation to a strong relationship. x x <3

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay, I'm glad you enjoyed it! Hehe, that's so cute, those languages are so fun! Awww, reading that made me so gushy haha - I just love that Kay! :) So beautiful (and blessed) to have relationships like that in your life!

      Delete
  11. This was a really interesting read as I had never know about this topic of the types of languages of love!

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's really interesting :) I haven't taken the quiz but I'd imagine I would be a combination of a lot of them - my instant reaction was acts of service because I like doing special things for other people but then actually when it comes to it, I'm the last person to help out when it comes to cleaning the kitchen etc. haha! xxx
    La Lingua Italy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's so cool is that all of us are a combination of them, but people always have two prioritised languages. Haha, I am exactly like you when it comes to helping...and the cleaning the kitchen :P Do you love when other people do acts of service for you? Cause then that's your main love language as well! :)

      Delete
  13. I love the way this was broken down! I took the quiz and got physical touch. One thing that surprises me about it though is how often the idea of gift giving comes up. I don't know if it's just my relationship, but gifts are completely unimportant to me. I'd so much rather sit on the couch with my boyfriend or do an activity together rather than him giving me something!

    Laura

    http://thefoxtrails.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it so cool, Laura!?! Oh my gosh, that is exactly what I thought too the first time I took the test, gifts are really just something I don't think about! But that being said, I can totally get how someone randomly picking up your favourite chocolate, or something that made them think of you during the day, and surprising you with it could be so meaningful!

      Delete
  14. What a great read =) Thank you for sharing this =)

    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so cool! I will definitely try it out :D
    Btw,finally got a bit of free time so I will write a new post and publish another chapter today :D

    aluminah.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it a go when you have a chance, it's very interesting for sure!
      Oooh yay, that makes me so excited, I have a pretty busy weekend coming up, so I'm glad I'll have something fun to read at the end of it! :)

      Raashi
      http://raashiagarwal.blogspot.com.au

      Delete
  16. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Nicole! :)

      Raashi
      http://raashiagarwal.blogspot.com.au

      Delete
  17. So Inspirational! I started Reading this book a while ago and I need to finish my Reading lol. This is a important topic. Thanks for sharing! Happy Friday!

    http://priscillaeliodoro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I always do that with books too Priscilla! Thank you for reading :)

      Delete
  18. I agree, it's so important to find out how each individual recognizes love, and then to give it to them in that way.
    Beautiful post, I'm off to take the quiz.

    -T. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so, so true Tane. There have definitely been instances where I feel a little removed from certain people and then I realise it's just because they way they give love isn't the way I personally like to receive it - it really is so interesting, and helpful when you're figuring out how to communicate with people in your life :)

      Thank you for reading, Tane!

      Delete
  19. Such a great post!You have a great blog:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Irene, that's so kind of you! :)

      Delete
  20. I'm dying to read this book!! I heard so many great things about it. When I have more free time, I plan to borrow it from our local library! Thanks for sharing this Raashi! :)


     Miriam ♥ A whole lot of serendipity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is such an interesting read Miriam! Thank you for reading!! :)

      Delete
  21. Oh Raashi how I have missed your blog! I am currently catching up on everything I missed, I love this post! My love language is "words of affirmation" and I can definetly see that.
    Your posts are always so smart and thought-provocing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose!!! I missed YOU! Hope you're well!!

      And do not worry, I am now in the exact same position as you! :P Don't be surprised if you have lots of comment notifications from me tomorrow :P

      Thank you so much for reading this post though, you're so sweet!

      P.S. We're both words of affirmation girls! :)

      Delete
  22. I know this is an older post but I just love it! I've heard of the book & the concept of the '5 languages of love' but I'd never read it - I really enjoy learning about this kind of thing though. It's so so interesting...*goes off to do quiz*...;)
    Also, that first quote resonates with me NO END; there's so many shades of love, each one beautiful despite sometimes being heartbreaking also.

    Ana xx

    www.namastefromananya.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for having a read of it, Ana! Yeah, I love reading and learning about these kinds of things too - personalities, relationships, how we connect, how people feel valued...all so important to humanity.

      And I can't agree with you more, like it says, love is beautiful chaos :P

      Delete


Follow

Instagram

Powered by Blogger.

Pinterest

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *